LONG TERM CARE/ACUTE/SWING REGISTERED NURSE
A Registered Nurse who is licensed to practice professional nursing and responsibility utilizes nursing process to
provide quality-nursing care.
• Able to function efficiently with limited or no supervision.
• Interacts professionally with all levels of hospital/clinic personnel.
• Interacts professionally with residents/patients and visitors.
• Effectively communicates with all health care team members regarding patient’s symptoms, reactions, and
• Follows established hospital and departmental policy and procedures.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Completes reports as required by the Chief Nursing Officer.
• Participates in committee meeting functions as directed by the Chief Nursing Officer.
• Accepts and performs other duties as directed by an authorized manager or Administration which are in the best interest of the hospital and its patients.
• Complies with established Quality Improvement standards.
• Complies with established Infection Control standards.
• Complies with established Personnel Policy and Procedures.
• Complies with established Departmental Policy and Procedures.
• Observes all established safety functions and requirements.
• Carries out administrative and direct patient care duties as needed.
• Makes judgments and decisions regarding the status of a patient/resident and the planning, carrying out, evaluation and modification of the patients/residents care as needed.
• Documents assessments, data, observations and responses of patients/residents to the care provided.
• Initiates IV therapy and administration of IV medication.
• Prepares and administers medications (or supervises the same by qualified personnel).
• • Acts appropriately in the stabilization of a resident in life threatening conditions.
• Notes and initiates physician orders, verifying and clarifying conflicting or questionable orders where necessary.
• Appropriately and effectively communicates with all Health Care members regarding symptoms, reactions and progress.
• Perform or supervise the assessment, evaluation and observation of each resident under his her care.
• Initiates team conference for the development of a goal directed written plan of care for each resident.
• Provides for, assists or delegates the care of the resident to persons qualified to give that care, providing supervision to ensure the quality of that same care.
• Documents assessments, data, observations and responses of residents to the care provided.
• Identifies and assesses resident / significant other learning needs and implements appropriate measure to meet these.
• Actively participates and supports staff development activities for nursing personnel and other healthcare team members as indicated.
• Participates in performance evaluations and Department of Nursing Quality Improvement activities, Discharge Planning, as well as policies and procedures.
• Participates in nursing research activities as requested.
• Supports and responds to individualized goal-directed plan of care for residents.
• Takes on-call duty when assigned.
• Performs any and all professional nursing duties when necessary.
• Supervises CAN students as directed by the Charge Nurse.
The above reflects the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job as identified, and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the position.
MARGINAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Minor repairs, maintenance, and cleaning of departmental equipment and facility.
MANDATORY JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• High school graduate or equivalent.
• Must be licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State of Nevada.
• Must carry current CPR card.
• Verbal and written ability to communicate with patients, residents, visitors, physicians, and hospital/clinic personnel.
• Must have temperament to handle stressful situations.
• Manual dexterity.
• Ability and willingness to learn job related functions as required.
• Must be willing to perform non-professional duties.
NON-MANDATORY JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
• Prior experience desirable.
If you have an emergency, please go to the Emergency Room
General Hospital: 775.635.2550
535 S Humboldt St
Battle Mountain, NV 89820